Create your story, Wear the look!
What do you prefer – reading the book or watching the movie? The thing about books are that they leave room for imagination. How liberating is it to visualize characters and plots in ways no other may have! It’s almost like creating a parallel universe for yourself. In a world full of makeup tutorials to watch and reproduce, the joy of conceiving a look and giving it life is magical. And every once in a while, I fancy the trance.
A sensual Indian drape and heritage silver finery meets minimalistic makeup with bold elements akin to the west. The radiance of silver juxtaposes with the darkness of oxblood lips. Side-swept hair whispers sweet romance. And she emerges as a celestial being into a serene setting. You see, these were my thoughts when I was visualizing the look for the post. And there she is - our little girl looking nothing less than a Goddess!
Ethereal, Flawless, Radiant - thats what I wanted and I'm elated to see my imagination come to life in its truest sense.
I am not getting into the details of how I created the look. I am listing all the products that I used and leaving the rest to your imagination. And as always I would love to see your creations too. Do send them across :-)
Skincare & Makeup
- Moisturizer: Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream
- Under Eye moisturizer: Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Cream
- Primer: Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
- Foundation: Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (6.25) mixed with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter
- Highlighter: MAC Strobe Cream
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage SC-4
- Under Eye: Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach, Bobbi Brown Concealer in Warm Natural
- Eyeshadow: Sidecar, Urban Decay Naked
- Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
- Mascara: Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant
- Lips: Can I not spill this ;-) For all those who have been waiting for the deets, here you go :-) I started with Bobbi Brown Lip pencil in Sangria, used Lip Velvet Oxblood No. 437 from Burberry (didn’t find it dark enough for this look) so finished it off with Heathers Liquid Lipstick from Anastasia Beverly Hills
- Makeup setting spray: Urban Decay All Nighter