My Makeup has a ZIP code
I am not sure if I share this peculiar trait with anyone else. Right from a young age, whenever I buy something new, be it a new pair of shoes, a new outfit or accessories, my whole wardrobe gets a round of spring cleaning. I love creating space and giving the limelight to the new entrant for a bit before the next one arrives.
So, once I got back home from Dubai, I couldn’t wait to get on the job and give my recently bought Makeup a new address. There are 2 brands that I simply adore for their storage and organizing options – Muji & Howards Storage World. Muji is a Japanese brand renowned worldwide for their fine quality products and Howards Storage hails from Australia as a brand specializing in storage and organizing solutions for home. And the good news for all you Bangaloreans out there – Howards Storage outlets are in Phoenix Market City and Mantri Mall and Muji is all set to open its first store in VR Mall. Ain’t we excited!!
When it comes to organizing my Makeup stash at home, I go for clear acrylic drawers and boxes. Depending on the measurement of your drawers and wardrobes, these brands give you a choice of flip top boxes, drawers, multi-purpose organizers of different height, depth and width to create a pretty display of your Makeup. Some of them can also be glamorously stacked on your dressing table. I prefer storing my Makeup in acrylic containers as they are extremely clear and you can find what you are looking for in a jiffy.
If you are a frequent traveler or a professional Makeup artist, it is important that you have your Makeup packed in a way that it is protected from damage and also organised so that everything you need is easily accessible. My Makeup travels in Vanity Makeup boxes, Handled Pouches and Cosmetic Cases from Muji. What I love about Muji is that their products are very sturdy and the safety of your Makeup is guaranteed.
I recently bought a Makeup bag and a pouch from Pipa Bella. It’s the brand’s first range of Makeup storage born out of a collaboration with Namrata Soni. To be absolutely honest, I am not very impressed with the quality of the bag itself, although it scores high on the choice of peppy colors and prints. What I most love though is the little plastic pouch in the double layered Makeup bag which is removable and water proof making cleaning super easy.
Moving on to what I keep in mind while organizing my Makeup that I suggest that you do too
- Divide and conquer is the way to go when it comes to effective organizing – I have different boxes and pouches for lips, eyes, powders, brushes, foundations etc. It makes tracking and accessibility so much easier.
- Keep a separate small pouch to carry your daily Makeup essentials. The pouch just needs to hold a lipstick, a mascara, a blush and may be a foundation touch-up stick; so something small is ideal
- While storing your Makeup, place products in a way that the labels are visible especially when you cannot see the product color as in the case of most lipsticks. This will save you the pain of having to search through the whole stash and making a mess out of it.
- If you are using a lot of sectionals and organizers, don't forget to save some space for longer and wider palettes which may not fit the standard organizer measurements.
- When you are spending a fortune on your Makeup, do invest in the right storage options to prolong the life of your Makeup.
I hope that these tips and suggestion of brands prove helpful to you in organising and storing your Makeup. As for me, I like holding my cuppa and staring at these beauties every now and then :-)